Cookies and how they are used Malton Office Centre
What are cookies and how do they work?
A cookie is a text file containing information that can be remembered by a web browser between pages. When an individual uses a web browser to access the internet their browser can create cookies which are stored on the user’s computer. Cookies are not programs and therefore cannot contain viruses or other malicious software. They are purely a string of text and numbers.
There are two main types of cookies – session cookies and persistent cookies.
Session cookies only last during a single visit. When a user closes their web browser the session cookie information is automatically removed from their computer. The Malton Office Centre website uses session cookies for two purposes:
- Two session cookies are set that temporarily store a unique identifier for each visitor to the website. This identifier is a random series of letters and numbers and doesn’t contain any personal or identifiable information. It is used to help count the number of visitors to the Malton Office Centre website.
- Two cookies are set by the computer systems that run the Malton Office Centre website. These cookies are used as part of the process of sending web pages to the user’s web browser and are essential – no website using Microsoft technology will work without these cookies.
- Persistent cookies are stored by the user’s web browser even when the web browser has been closed, so that the next time a user goes back to the website that originally set the cookie, the web site can read information back from the cookie. Persistent cookies have an expiry date which controls when they are automatically deleted. This can be anything from a few minutes to several years.
Malton Office Centre use persistent cookies for the following purposes:
- A number of persistent cookies are also set by the computers that run the Malton Office Centre website. These cookies are solely used to record technical information necessary for our web servers to work properly. No personally identifiable information in stored in these cookies.
- All cookies used by Malton Office Centre are ‘first party’ cookies. This means that any cookie set on the Malton Office Centre website can only be read back from the Malton Office Centre website. No other website is able to read or access information from any cookie set by the Malton Office Centre website. We do not use ‘third party’ cookies which would permit this sort of behaviour by other websites.
Controlling or deleting cookies
Please remember that if you delete or restrict cookies from the Malton Office Centre website you may not be able to experience the full benefit of some of the features and services the website has to offer.
Malton Office Centre is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our users while providing the highest possible quality of service. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998). If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to these practices please contact us.
Malton Office Centre
Send us a message.
We collect the information you supply to us through our registration forms, and every time you e-mail us. We also collect information automatically about your visit to our site. The information obtained in this way, which includes browsing patterns, is only used in aggregate form, and as such cannot be used to identify you. This aggregate information is used to:
- aid strategic development
- audit usage of the site
Use of personal information
We process personal information collected via Malton Office Centre for the purposes of:
- providing you with information about products and services we offer.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that are transferred to your computer’s (or alternative web browsing device’s) hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide rich shopping features such as recommend products and loyalty discounts, as well as the storage of items in your Shopping Basket between visits. The Help menu in most common browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether.
We will not pass your information to any third parties. You can also email us to stop receiving any information about us and our services. If you have any queries about our Privacy Statement you should contact us by the contact page
All contents, this include images, artworks and reviews on Malton Office Centre website are automatically copyright protected.