(“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy describes how we collect and use personal data about you, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data protection ACT 1998/2018. Please read the following carefully to understand our practises regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Malton Storage Ltd and Malton Office Centre Ltd are renters of storage and office space. We are registered in England & Wales as a limited Companies under numbers: 10740843 and 10740883 both with the registered Office at; High Nova, Middleton, Pickering, North Yorkshire, England, YO18 8PN.
For the Data Protection Legislation and this notice, we are the ‘data controller’. This means we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal data about you. We are required under the Data Protection Legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.maltonoffices.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
The UK’s data protection legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) contains strict principles and legal conditions which must be followed before and during any processing of any personal information.
For the Data Protection Legislation, the data controller are, Malton Storage Ltd and Malton Office Centre Ltd, Middleton, Pickering, North Yorkshire YO18 8PN.
Data Controller: the person or organisation that determines the means and the purpose of processing the personal data.
Data Protection Legislation: includes (i) the Data Protection Act 1998, until the effective date of its repeal (ii) the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR) and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for so long as the GDPR is effective in the UK, and (iii) any successor and supplemental legislation to the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR, in particular the Data Protection Bill 2017-2019 and the E-Privacy Directive (and its proposed replacement), once it becomes law.
Personal data: is any information that identifies a living individual (data subject) either directly or indirectly. This also includes special categories of personal data. Personal data does not include data which is entirely anonymous, or the identity has been permanently removed making it impossible to link back to the data subject.
Processing: is any activity relating to personal data which can include collecting, recording, storing, amending, disclosing, transferring, retrieving, using or destruction.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you subscribe to our service, details of contact we have had with you in relation to the provision/proposed provision or information about any complaints or enquiries you make with us. The information you give us may include personal details such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number or national insurance number.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you, your employer or our clients and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us – most usually for the provision of our services;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between our clients and us (for the provision of our services) where you may be the sub-contractor, supplier or customer of our client;
- to provide you with information related to our services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired/may be of interest to you;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- if you refuse to provide us with certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform the agreement we have entered into with yourselves. Alternatively, we may be unable to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations;
- We may also process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in accordance with this notice, where we are legally required or permitted to do so
- Data Retention. We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. When assessing what retention period is appropriate for your personal data, Malton Storage Ltd and Malton Office Centre Ltd take into consideration the following;
- the requirements of our business and services provided;
- any statutory or legal obligations;
- the purpose for which we originally collected the personal data;
- the types of personal data we have collected;
- the amount and categories of your personal data;
- whether the purpose of the processing could be reasonably fulfilled by other means
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information/data with third parties where we are required by law for example H M Revenue & Customs, where it is necessary to administer the relationship between us or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so. We may also need to share your personal data with a regulator or to otherwise comply with the law
TRANSFERRING PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EEA (EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA)
We will not transfer personal data we collect about you outside of the EEA
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA (DATA SECURITY)
We have in put in place commercially reasonable and appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidently lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. Access to your personal data is limited to employees, agents or other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Malton Storage Ltd and Malton Office Centre Ltd have in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. We use the following cookies on our website:
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at any time at High Nova,Middleton, Pickering, North Yorkshire YO18 8PN or send a message contact Malton Office Centre Ltd.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. If you wish to exercise your rights, please email Malton Offices Centre Ltd.
Any access request may be subject to a reasonable fee if we feel your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access information or exercise any of your rights. This is an appropriate security measure to ensure personal information if not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
You have the right to make a complaint to the ICO (Information Commissioners Office) who are the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues, at any time;
Information Commissioners Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545 545